The Shooter is a sniper infantry that sits out of range of enemy units and slowly picks them off one by one. Due to their self-sufficiency, Shooters make excellent preliminary units to attack outposts and neutral units in small numbers. Their long range can make excellent support for any army, both offensively and defensively.
- Shooter's self-reliance makes them excellent for harassing outposts without needing a mech to escort them.
- Make excellent compliments to artillery. They can even help defend your units against long-range units..
- Due to their ability to take orders, Shooters can compliment large armies as ranged support. They can also be used to defend outposts against long-range attacks.
- Can be easily bombed or destroyed by any unit in close range.
- Unlike other infantry, they need time to fire which is a drawback.
- Are ineffective against repair units. They can be easily scouted and destroyed by enemy mechs.
Shooters left uncontested in large clumps can quickly take down whole defensive lines on their own. They can be strategically placed on the outskirts of the map to cause a distraction for your enemy. However their extraordinary weak armor, low health, and tendency to clump together, make the Shooter extraordinary vulnerable to AoE attacks. Such as Melee from Mechs like Striker and Bomber, as well as several area-damage weapons such as Bombs.
The Shooter alludes to the Sniper from Team Fortress 2.