The Flamer is a pyromaniac infantry that shoots a short-ranged flamethrower which melts enemy units to pieces. This unit is great at neutralizing outposts since it deals damage over an area.
- Flamer's high rate of fire makes it great for placing next to an enemy outpost to quickly neutralize it.
- Best used when placed on the backside of slow-moving units such as Socketables and Artillery.
- Have a very short range, so cannot walk into an enemy line effectively, must be placed by a Mech.
- Are ineffective against light units and Mechs.
- Works well with other melee infantry such as Butcher.
- Can be used in conjunction with any high damage dealing units, or outpost neutralizers.
The Flamer does damage in bursts, and can hit multiple targets at once. Therefore, it is best to place them near a clump of enemy units. They are also a good infantry for cheesing an outpost.
As confirmed by Carbon Games, the Flamer alludes to the Pyro from Team Fortress 2.