The Generator is an energy socket unit. This unit generates extra energy for your team's Fortress and Outposts when placed on an attached friendly socket. The Generator not only increases the energy capacity and recharge rate, it also has an upkeep of -1.
- When placed off-socket, it can be used as a recharge point for airmechs.
- Gives more energy for your buildings, allowing you to heal your mech and units more efficiently.
- Can allow your team to work from the same outpost more easily.
- Sets you back economically in the beginning of the match, which is a crucial time.
- Can be easily harassed and destroyed, and has a very long build time in order to be replaced.
- Is best used in team games, specifically on large maps where energy is a large factor in games.
The Generator is one of the only units that can be built with a full unit capacity.
- On Update #212-Build 36903, Carbon changed the primary function of the generator, making it recharge the energy of outposts and reducing the amount of unit upkeep it provided. (Changed to +2 from +5).