This Ratchet alternate gains more health, allowing it to survive on the frontlines, but sacrifices some statistics in order to do so.
The Heavy Ratchet is a heavily armored repair unit. The Ratchet lacks in speed but it makes up for it with its high healing rate and durability on the battlefield. It is great for healing units efficiently on the frontlines, as it can take some hits. It can also follow along tanks during an aggressive push to repair damaged units and salvage remains.
- Higher repair rate and longer range than Patcher.
- Has high health and armor, allowing it to survive on the battlefield.
- Has a higher build cost, making it hard to use in the early game.
- Its slow movement speed slows down pushes with faster units.
- Place behind Turrets like the T45, T99 and the HAAT so they can keep on defending while the ratchet repairs them.
Unlike the Patcher the Ratchet is a heavily armored repair unit. Giving up speed allows it to have a better repair rate as well as more durability, albeit at the cost of greater support. Best suited for tank charges, the Ratchet excels at keeping your Longhorns or Goliaths in the fray without being destroyed by the AoE of a Boomer. Has a chance to spawn a Fixer upon death.