Hyper Fixer has superior repair and movement but with reduced hit points and greater production costs than regular Fixer (-8% Hit Points, +10% Move Speed, +10% Repair, -10% Build Time, +30% Build Cost).
The Fixer is the healer infantry. It's lightweight, occupies less space and is cheaper than any other healing unit. It's highly mobile but also highly fragile compared to other repair units.
- Quick and cheap unit for disarming mines or collecting salvage credits.
- Can occupy an outpost and heal units while inside.
- Has no damage capabilities. So it is vulnerable to all units.
- Dies quickly in combat to AoE units like Artillery and Bombs.
- Works well as a combination of an infantry unit and a repair unit, and does both jobs well.
Masses of fixers are very efficient at mine sweeping. They heal allied units at a decent rate but are a bit unreliable at capturing Outposts as they will tend to heal nearby units rather than enter the Outpost.
One of the best uses of fixers is to quickly fix up damaged units after a major fight. It's possible to create a quick mass of fixers faster than any other healing units due to their low cost. Fixers will continue to stay in the same area as long as there is a unit that is damaged or if they are set on Hold position. The Fixer can accept orders on the PC version of Airmech, making it a fairly good choice with a Sergeant and other infantry in a small or large group.