Hyper SAM - increased attack abilities but with reduced health and greater production costs compared to regular SAM (-10% Hit Points, +10% Missile Damage, +5% Missile Speed, +20% Build Time, +20 Build Cost).
The SAM is the classic rocket infantry. It doesn't specialize in any particular fields, but is a solid infantry to take if you are looking for something more durable than a Soldier to take down heavy units and defend an outpost.
- SAM has high damage and a high weapon rating, making it a good infantry to destroy tanks and other large units.
- Can quickly neutralize an outpost no matter what infantry occupy it, and are light enough to be carried in groups of four.
- An expensive infantry, and takes a while to build.
- Has a low fire rate and is not as accurate as other infantry.
- Works well to place inside of a Boxer and send to a heavily defended outpost.
Many people overlook the SAM and instead choose fancier specialized infantry, but the SAM is easy to use and is very effective for everything you would want an infantry to do.