The Jackal is a light vehicle unit. It's main purpose is to neutralize outposts, destroy infantry and distract tank fire. It has respectable health and damage which makes it great for pushing into enemy outposts.
- Fast moving and generally reliable, works well as a distraction or fire support, especially when patrolled.
- Effective Against Infantry and other Light Units.
- Can deal support Anti-Air damage to enemy Airmechs.
- Is very weak to anti-light units, such as Gatty and is susceptible to AoE.
- Does very little damage to heavy units.
- Works as a light unit for any loadout, and should be patrolled in front of tanks to absorb damage, or as fire support.
- Can be sent on attack commands to distract the enemy while you gain an advantage in the mid fight or start a larger push.
- Useful for Patrolling the map or hit-and-run attacks, due to thier high speed.
While the Jackal seems to be an excellent attacking unit, it actually serves a better roll as a defender. Its light weapon with high DPS means it will destroy any Creep wave or infantry push that isn't backed by some anti-vehicle units, and its ability to target air units means it can defend an Outpost against AirMechs as well as units. In large groups, they are able to do respectable damage to enemies, but Buckies or Armadillos are better suited to take out proper armored foes.
- It has a chance of spawning a Soldier on death.
- During the Alpha version, it was called an Armored Car.
- After July 26th, 2013 (Beta Build 18530.0), Joker replaced Jackal as the default unit.