The Joker is the default light vehicle unit. It's main purpose is to neutralize outposts, destroy infantry and distract tank fire. Like other Starter Units, it does not excel in any one field, but is a solid unit that fills its roles.
- Fast moving and spammable, works well as a distraction, especially when patrolled.
- Can quickly help neutralize outposts and then occupy them with Runners that spawn upon death.
- Is very weak to anti-light units, and is susceptible to AoE.
- Does very little damage to heavy units.
- Works as a distraction for any loadout, and should be deployed in front of tanks as a decoy or fodder unit.
- Can be sent on attack commands to distract the enemy while you gain an advantage in the mid fight or start a larger push.
Joker is one of the starter/default unit which is available to all new and existing AirMech Players. In effect, its is essentially a Lighter, Cheaper, but less effective version of Jackal
Not as versatile nor combat effective as the Jackal, but at the same time not entirely useless. Joker is Cheap, and very fast to build, and has a very high movement speed, which, like that of the Zipper, allows to to be used as a very effective Decoy or scout. However, with higher health and resistance to damage, Jokers can live slightly longer, even if they don't deal as much damage. Quickly Dropping down Jokers when defending against a push of Tanks can very effectively distract the slow and heavy guns of incoming tanks, reducing their combat effectiveness, and allowing more focused anti-tank units, such as T99, Bucky, Buster, or even other tanks, to deal damage to incoming units without taking fire themselves. And with tanks distracted with your Jokers, you can allow your outpost to live a little longer, allowing an even more successful push back against attacks.
Jokers, again like Zipper, has a high chance to spawn a Single Runner when destroyed. When attacking, make sure to send Jokers first, followed very closely by heavy support. Jokers will be destroyed and spawn Infantry to help capture the outpost, but will indeed be vulnerable if defending units are around, so a close follow up with Tanks or Stronger light units is needed to protect the infantry. On defense, This fact can be used to prolong the life of your outposts, Runners that spawn will run into your post when your Jokers are demolished, and there are any empty slots. And even if your outpost is full, fast-moving runners can further distract enemy tanks by running straight into and past them, forcing the tanks to follow.
But for the most part, Joker is not as versatile as other light units. Currently, it is a good idea to experiment with other Light units to find your fit, as Jokers may not provide the expertise you may require.
- Replacement for the Jackal in the Default Loadout.