Pilots are the primary avatars in AirMech. Most pilots can be bought with Kudos, except the Ultimate and Promotional Pilots. Each Pilot provides specific bonuses to many in-game stats that improve combat style and unit abilities. Or off-game stats such as Kudos and Experience earned.
Pilots are associated with different play styles; from aggressive style Pilots such as Lexi, to defensive style Pilots such as Beppo. Pilot choice can vary due to circumstances or to fulfill the needs of the team.
As Players complete MatchMade games against each AI, more Regular Pilots will be available to unlock from their Pilot Quests and use.
- Husky (Not a Quest)
- ChimneySwift (Not a Quest. Available at player level 10)
Ultimate Pilots are always available via Shop, albeit for Diamonds rather than Kudos like regular pilots. Ultimate Pilots can not be used in MatchMaking PvP or Custom games that don't allow them. They may be used in Solo, Coop, PvE and any Custom matches that allow it. Games that allow Ultimates are indicated by a flashing circled "U" at the top.
Any attempt to use Ultimates (including units) where not allowed will cause the Ultimates to revert to regular variants, because Ultimate Pilots provide very high stat bonuses to all aspects of in-game and off-game play.
- Ultimate Hawk
- Ultimate Lexi (10)
- Ultimate Erik (10)
- Ultimate Beppo
- Ultimate Kira
- Ultimate Samson (10)
(*) Required Level
These Pilots are/were available either as part of a Seasonal Event, or as part of a Promotional Giveaway (Albums, Packs). Unlike Regular Pilots, they do not need a Level Requirement in order to be used. Some Exclusive Pilots have their own individual stat bonuses, such as Jesus and Annarchy, while others are Alternates for existing Pilots.
- Gabe (10) (PAX East 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Tycho (10) (PAX East 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Annarchy (10) (PAX East 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Carl (PAX 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Charles (PAX 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Scout Master (PAX 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Brenna (PAX 2012 Promotional giveaway)
- Kara (PAX 2012 Promotional giveaway)
(*) Required Level
Front Line Assembly Pilots are available via Steam Shop (or Amazon) for currency with the purchase of FLA's original AirMech Music Album as additional Promotional items.
- Bill (FLA Album Promotional)
- Jason (FLA Album Promotional)
- Jeremy (FLA Album Promotional)
- Jared (FLA Album Promotional)
Event Pilots are available via Shop for Kudos only during the time period of related Event/Seasonal, few may depending on Player's Level.
- Nicholai* (MECHS-mas Seasonal)
- Jesus (Easter & MECHS-mas Seasonal)
- Lady Gaia (Earth Day Seasonal)
- Zara (Cinco de Mayo Seasonal)
- Lilith (Gothic Week Seasonal)
- Frank (Halloween Seasonal)
- Eva (Halloween Seasonal)
(*) Requires Level 12 with 12 MatchMade wins
Developer Pilots are special and are not available via Shop except Ken for early Alpha Testers with Kudos. They're to honor and for developer's themselves with no particular stat boost except being rare and unique. The Pilots listed below were most likely removed from final game code after the game left Alpha.
- Branimir (previously a Developer)
- Chris (unknown if available as a Pilot)
(*) Available during early Alpha
These Pilots have a great possibility of entering the hangar of AirMech. Whether it is a Regular, Ultimate, or Exclusive, it might be nice to keep an eye out for these New and possibly Upcoming Pilots.