The Runner is a modified Soldier that exchanges Survivability and Firepower for Movespeed. Effective for scouting and capturing outposts.
- Runner has the second fastest move speed of any infantry, after Probe.
- It's high speed and low build speed makes it great for quickly filling an outpost.
- Has higher DPS than Soldier, but has a weaker weapon rating.
- Particularly vulnerable to AoE attacks.
- Not effective at defending against assaults due to low health and armor.
- Runner works best in an aggressive loadout with small units. Units such as Flakker and Patcher have synergy with this infantry.
- Needs larger defensive units to protect the outpost once the Runners take control of it.
A Runner's chances of successfully capturing an outpost can be inconsistent due to many factors such as enemy presence and support from friendly forces, as well as being intercepted by an enemy Airmech.
They used to be the infantry spawned from Bot Spawners.