The Soldier is a default starter unit which is available to all AirMech players from the start without additional cost.It is the basic infantry, whose main role is to neutralize and capture enemy Outposts.
- Soldier is a general purpose infantry capable of fulfilling most infantry roles.
- Soldier has no outstanding stats, but is cheap which makes it easy to use.
- Generally effective in small groups (3-4).
- Generally more effective than Level 1 or 2 Creeps.
- Lacks any particular strength like Rocketeer or Brute.
- Weak against area-of-effect attacks, such as Bombs and Artillery.
- Easily killed without support from friendly units.
- Works well in any loadout as a generic infantry. It is a suitable unit to quickly fill an outpost and defend it against other infantry until other defensive units are placed down.
The Soldier is the stock, generic Infantry unit. Okay at everything, but great at nothing. Handy for when you need infantry, but don't know what for exactly.
- During the Alpha version, it was called a Basic Infantry.
- During a very early Alpha, Soldiers were actually Human troops. A change in Artstyle and Storyline of the game switched them to robots.