The Soldier is a default starter unit which is available to all AirMech players from the start without additional cost.It is the basic infantry, whose main role is to neutralize and capture enemy Outposts.
- Soldier is a general purpose infantry capable of fulfilling most infantry roles.
- Soldier has no outstanding stats, but is cheap which makes it easy to use.
- Generally effective in small groups (3-4).
- Generally more effective than Level 1 or 2 Creeps.
- Lacks any particular strength like Rocketeer or Brute.
- Weak against area-of-effect attacks, such as Bombs and Artillery.
- Easily killed without support from friendly units.
- Works well in any loadout as a generic infantry. It is a suitable unit to quickly fill an outpost and defend it against other infantry until other defensive units are placed down.
The Soldier is the generic infantry type. It has a relatively low cost however, it does not specialize in anything but capturing Outposts which limits its usage. The soldier will lose to almost any unit unless it is part of a large group.
- During the Alpha version, it was called a Basic Infantry.
- During a very early Alpha, Soldiers were actually Human troops. A change in Artstyle and Storyline of the game switched them to robots.