The Boomer is an excellent Infantry unit when it comes to destroying masses of enemy units. It can sneak behind artillery lines and self destruct, causing massive amounts of AoE damage to surrounding hostile units. It is, however, less useful in capturing Outposts. Similar to the Assassin it will target any enemy units in the area before going into an outpost.
- Boomer can one shot most units when exploding in groups of four.
- Can destroy entire pushes or defensive lines almost instantly.
- Is very weak to light units and infantry killers.
- Must be dropped next to a unit, will die if it walks into an enemy line.
- Works well with a Neo because it excels at distracting enemy units and slows their rotation speed with it's Stasis ability.
- Best against Osprey and support units because the high burst damage destroys units before they can be healed.
The Boomer will increase it's move speed when it locks onto an enemy unit, and will run up next to them and explode. Once they are prepping their explosion, they will still self-destruct even if the enemy unit is picked up or moved. If a Boomer dies before exploding, it still does a bit of damage, although it is less than full damage.